Skip to main content

Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt Response: Something that I believed when I was a child was that Santa Claus was real. As a kid I believed everything my parents told me, but as I grew up I realized that half of the things they've told me weren't true, like Santa Claus being real. Around middle school it came to mind that my parents, grandparents, cousins, aunties and uncles were the ones who bought me my gifts for Christmas, but still to this day they say "maybe Santa Claus will get it for you."

Summary: In class we talked about rhetoric and targeted audiences in commercials, political ads and debates.

Reflection: I learned more on how to back up a claim with evidence and how to get the attention of my targeted audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

 Prompt Response: One time I realized I needed to look out for myself was when a group chat argument started getting chaotic over something tiny. Instead of jumping in, I just muted the chat and stayed out of it. Choosing not to get involved made my life so much easier, I avoided stress, didn't say anything I'd regret, and the whole issue blew over without me. Sometimes protecting your peace is the smartest move. Summary:  Today in class we finished the story " The Life You Save May Be Your Own" and started answering our questions in Writable. Reflection:  I learned how to apply the main parts of a story to my answers.

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

Prompt Response:  A time that I felt connected to nature was when I went on a walk with my aunt and we would explore the different things we would see around us and get history about some of the things we see. Summary: A summary of things I did in class today were taking notes on the Intro to American Lit on Native American Literature and learning new vocabulary words. Reflection: A reflection on what I learned today is that there are different things that are prevalent to themes.

In “We Real Cool,” the speakers make choices that seem exciting, bold, and rebellious, even though those choices lead to consequences. Write about a moment in your own life when you followed what looked cool or fun, only to realize afterwards that it wasn’t the smart or responsible path. What influenced your decision, and how did your perspective change later?

 Prompt Response: A moment in my life when I followed what looked cool or fun was last year when I followed my friends in skipping a school event because it seemed fun and I didn't want to look uncool. At the moment it felt bold, but we ended up getting in trouble, and i realized I hadn't made a responsible choice. What influenced me was wanting to fit in, just like the speakers in "We Real Cool." Later I understood that trying to look cool isn't worth the consequences, and it's better to make choices for myself. Summary: In class we read the poem "We Real Cool", analyzed it based on a teenagers thoughts and feelings and applied it to a cluster. Reflection: I learned how to apply life experiences to a story and analyze how they affect someone's life or future.